Twitter Updates

Monday, September 20, 2004

Always in motion the future is.

I saw this headline on the NME website today:
Thom Yorke in 'Star Wars' rant
The Radiohead frontman urges fans to join him in the battle against George Lucas...

So, I clicked on the link, expecting to find that the Idioteque singer was upset about the latest changes to the dvds of the classic trilogy. Turns out, the rant wasn't about Greedo shooting first, Lee-uh vs. Lay-uh pronunciation, or digital Jabba version 2.0. It was some sort of political story! The front page headline actually read George Bush, not Lucas. Sigh.

http://www.nme.com/news/109936.htm

I'm a sucker, like most people are, so I'm buying the dvds tomorrow. And I'm sure in 2007, GL will release the Ultra Special Special Editions, for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, but they'll be on the "next" format, like blue lazer dvds, or video cubes, or robot maids with tv screens on their bellys, and we just tell them what movie we want to see, and their super-robot brains will download them instantaneously off the wireless internet network that is all around us. You see 2007, that's when we can really say that the internet is an energy field created by all living things, it surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together. Ah, the future! We are all interested in the future – for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives… and remember, my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future!

Currently listening to: The Art Teacher - Rufus Wainwright, from the "Waiting for a Want" ep. This ep is exclusive to iTunes. So go download it now. Or talk to me and I'll burn you a copy. This is my favorite song from this fabulous foursome of songs. Rufus is a wonderfully talented singer/pianist/songwriter; and if you're not familiar with his music, then I feel genuinely sorry for you. I think of him as being a songwriter in the Cole Porter/George Gershwin tradition. Very classic, "standard" type torch songs. Witty lyrics meet really beautiful, dramatic music. I can listen to his songs over and over and still find them refreshing and new on each listen. If you don't have "Want One", do yourself a favor and go get it.

4 comments:

BonikaStJames said...

I just want to watch the old VHS copies of the Star Wars Trilogy we have but I can’t get Willis to hook-up the VCR. I think he’s afraid the other Technology will be offended or somehow brought-down by such archaic mechanics.

Anonymous said...

"I'm making some sweet moolah with Uncle Rico" "Whatever, I can make that in like 5 seconds."

"Tina you fat lard, come get your dinner!"

"Don't just be jealous because I've been chatting on line with hot babes all day"

"Why you all sweaty?" "I've been practicing my dance moves."


***Envision the Liger***


OOOOMMMMMBBBBBAAAAA???????

Caramel Monk said...

I *WAS* going to go to the Best Buy and get the Star Wars Trilogy in Widescreen version on DVD, but I decided that my time and money would be better spent if I went over to Toshi's Station to pick up some power converters.

jonny ragel said...

we all know han shot first. but ever the one to shy away from controversy, lucas' latest PC version fails to show sny snootles and snaggletooth lining up above the grassy knoll to take cheap shots at america's favorite desperado. so what choice did han have but to blast greedo, tip gnob gniggly while saying "sorry about the mess", and hightail it to the melenium falcon for a hyperspace gettaway? that's what I thought---we all would have done the same thing.