Twitter Updates

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Mom and dad, send money. By the way, I'm goofy.

So, after writing about it 2 days in a row, I watched Donnie Darko again last night. I'm still not sure what it's "about". But I'll tell you some good words, phrases, and themes from the film: funny, mysterious, creepy, dark, disturbing, kick-ass soundtrack, family life, school life, teenage years, time-travel, therapy, the 80's, Sparkle Motion. There. That mostly covers it. If you're thinking about watching it with the actor's commentary, prepare to hate Drew Barrymore. That woman can talk! Good lord, does that woman talk. Which reminds me of my favorite line from a certain Eddie Murphy movie: "Women be shoppin!... Women be shoppin'!" Oh man, that was good.

Remember that Disney worker that was accused of fondling a kid, while he was dressed like Tigger? Now he's starting fights, and he's goofy. Literally. What a surprise that he's British, eh? Read on: http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/16/disney.molest.ap/index.html

Currently listening to: "Ana" by Pixies from the album Bossanova. I'm sure everyone knows that the Viscount Ballroom is now called Bossanova. No? Well it is. And bossanova means "new beat". So check it out.

RIP Johnny Ramone
From Billboard.com: Johnny Ramone, a founding member of pioneering punk act the Ramones, died yesterday afternoon (Sept. 15) at his home in Los Angeles. He was 55 and had been suffering from prostate cancer for some time. The guitarist was born John Cummings in New York on Oct. 8, 1948.

3 comments:

jonny ragel said...

I saw DD too. I was there with [p]. he doesn't talk during movies, which is appreciated.

first time seeing it for me. what's it about? hmmmmm. don't think it's quite the time travel caper back to the future was. and neither did it spread BTTF's oversimplified version of good vs. bad. no. the thing I like about DD is it really illustrates the complexity of life- even in doing 'good', you realise there are pro's and con's in his decision to 'change' the past (and the present and the future for that matter).

as peter points out in his last post- you can't just lump everything in one of two catagories. I would add you can't count on u2 doing achtung baby again either. or lucas doing another great star wars movie. just being a realist......

Anonymous said...

Sloop, Today sucks and I want to go home. This room isn't big enough for the both of us.

Anonymous said...

trying to see if this post will stick