Twitter Updates

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanks-taking (o, el dia de gracias)

Alright, my peeps. I hear what your saying, and I get the impression that you want another blog posting. So here it is. I've been waiting because I've been so freaking busy with the holiday rush at work (which, ironically isn't a "rush" but is rather boring and tedious) and getting ready for the end of the term at school. And I've been pretty busy saving the 'verse via Halo 2. So, things that have interested me lately include: Mark Rothko - simple shapes with emotive colors; Yoshi - the best, yet most expensive, and currently stinkiest (we can't wash him, due to stitches, for 1 more week) dog, ever; the new U2 collector's edition cd/dvd/book - a very nice combo for a really great album; family - had coffee and scones with my parents, brother and Marisa this morning - fun time.
Since today is Thanksgiving Day, I've been asked to bring music to my in-laws for us all to listen to while we eat. I always get asked this for their family get-togethers, and at least half the time, someone in the family HATES what I put in. I mean, HATES, with a capital H! So, today I'm bringing the new Joseph Arthur album, "Our Shadows will Remain" (a really great album), and probably the Simon & Garfunkel "Old Friends" box set. I don't have too many CDs anymore, since I converted everything into iTunes, and sold my CD collection. And maybe just for fun I'll bring the latest Bjork album. That's GUARANTEED to piss off most of the family. I can hear them now... "What the hell is this crap? It sounds like she's not even singing in English!!"
Ha ha! I can't wait. Oh, god bless my inlaws.
After dinner, we'll have coffee and dessert, then some cocktails, then we'll all settle in to watch "White Christmas", a very fine movie which I had never seen until I started dating Marisa and we had our first Thanksgiving together. Her family is bound by tradition to watch "White Christmas" every Thanksgiving Day. Or at least start the movie, then about an hour into it, one sister will be Instant Messaging someone, and the other will be knitting and reading a magazine, grampa (or Abe Simpson, as we call him - he's a dead ringer!) will be asleep, and my mother inlaw will be about halfway through washing the dishes. It's a really great time, honestly.
Well, I'm getting hungry now. So be sure to check out feaverish.com for the latest trends in internet website fashions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sad you like making your inlaws mad

BonikaStJames said...

Music on the holidays for us contained Bjork too. It was interesting to sit and listen to it. Mike has it in 5-1. We got Downward Spiral in 5-1... wicked awesome.

Here's to smelly dogs.