Twitter Updates

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm so glad to be alive

Well, there's 2 items you should know about:
1) Dimebag Darrell, from everybody's favorite Christmas band, Pantera, was shot and killed while performing at a concert last night. Those in attendance knew that it was just too much rock in the moshpit. The song that he was shot during began kind of soft and mellow, so the mosh pit did that sort of slow motion head bobbing and slow running thing. As the song got more frenzied, the crowd did too. Pretty soon, people were running into each other for the sake of, er... running into each other. Then slamming into each other, and jumping. The next logical step was to pull out a quickshooter and start going bonkers. The gunman was trying to take it to the next level, and assumed that everybody would have guns and it would be a good old fashioned rock 'n roll shoot out/mosh pit. But the freakin pigs had to show up and shut down the show. See? Here, once again, The Man is keeping down the free-spirited rock 'n roll attitude that has been a tradition since The King (E. Aaron Prezzly) first wiggled his hips on national TV. The Man... The Law... The law! Well, I guess this is it Pee Wee...

Secondly, and more importantly) After 10 glorious, life-changing episodes, the Heather Locklear comeback vehicle "LAX" has been canceled. Only one word and 4 syllables can describe my feeling right now: de-va-sta-ted. I don't know about you, but I first started watching this show because I thought it was going to be about life at a Laxative factory. I was sadly mistaken. It was about life at an airport. You know how when you go to the airport and have to wait for hours, just sitting there, stairing at the wall, or the decades-old carpet? Someone at NBC had the brilliant idea to turn that into an hour long program. After this streamlined decapod of a season of viewing, I can't believe it was cancelled. DAMMIT! Sometimes life just doesn't make any sense. What happened to "Give me your huddled masses"? What the hell has happened to this city? I believe in monsters and things that go bump in the night, Jack. May they rot in hell, along with their attorneys.

I tell you what, this job doesn't get any easier, but I try to make it. Day by day... day by day...

Para una cierta diversión verdadera, temple adentro en la semana próxima para mi lista de los mejores
álbumes yo canciones del mejor año siempre, 2004. ¿cAutorización?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious as usual, Peter.

Caramel Monk said...

The irony of it all is that Dimebag was supposed to make a guest appearance on an episode of LAX later this (early next year). I don't remember where I saw that and I could be making it up. Nonetheless, now I guess that appearance is Super-Not-Gonna-Happen. Hasta la pasta.

BonikaStJames said...

hilarious