Twitter Updates

Thursday, December 16, 2004

LIVE!!!! NUDE!!!! JAZZ!!!! 2 posts in 1!

> >
> > Hey, are you coming to see the Quarter Pounders tonight? It's all
> > ages! They serve Guiness! And espresso! Christmas Jazz like you've
> > never heard it?! It'll be good. Costellos @ 8, ok? See you.

Actually the name of the artists formerly known as the trio of 3 is still in debate. Contenders are: the Long Shots, the Four Pounds, The Four Pounders, The Really Big Dictionaries, Only a Garnish, and The O'Neaters (aka the Oneders). And I think we can all agree that "Zartan" is a totally kick-ass name, but is better for a prog-rock band. I can't believe Christmas is next week. I mean I literally can't believe it.

Does anyone else feel, that, like me, they were pretty mature in high school? I went to plays, I read Shakespeare. I bought "The Complete Shakespeare", I bought all sorts of quality hardback works of literature, in the years shortly after high school. I spent a long time with no tv, barely a computer, and definitely no video games. So now, here I am, 27. I'm married, I own a home and 2 dogs. And yet I feel like a kid, in many ways - I eat more ice cream than ever, play more video games than ever, I read magazines, comic essays, and stupid web-sites far more than I read classic of western literature.

Wha' happened? I dunno. I really don't. I could go on, but you get the general idea.

Dang it, there I go again. That was a quote from a Morrissey song. Rather than come up with actual thoughts and ideas of my own, I find it far easier to quote movies and song lyrics, or just be totally sarcastic.

Sincerity is hard work, or so I've been told.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! First comment. Take THAT as–yet–unknown second commenter.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?! How dare you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I dare. I dare.

Anonymous said...

Bitch! You'll pay.

Feaverish said...

Uh, methinks this blogger be commenting–up his own site.

Anonymous said...

What!?! How dare you!?! Bitch.

Anonymous said...

Sloop, Last night was great I wish I could have stayed longer. As for names I like The for pounders or the artist formely know as the trio of three.