Twitter Updates

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sunday! Sunday! Someday!

So I'm here at the kitchen table, totally wirelessing my internets, and my wife is over here at the end of the table, trying to outblog me. So anyway, yesterday was perhaps one of the geekiest, aside from going to the midnight opening of "Attack of the Clones", and waiting in line 2 hours to see the 1997 Special Edition re-release of "Star Wars Episode 1: A New Way to Make Money on an Old Idea".

So I'm sure you're all like just pissing yourselves in anticipation waiting to know what it was I did, so let me put it this way: (in a girlish voice) "I've got the rocket launcher! Tee hee hee!" BLAM!!! "Oh crap, some blue bastard just melee'd the shite out of my head!". That's right, Halo 2 online, with the special microphone attaché on my head, so I could be like, "I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!! IF ANYONE EVEN LOOKS AT ME, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND PULL YOUR SPINAL CORD OUT THROUGH YOUR THROAT!!!" Then, of course, some pre-pubescent boy would be like, "You're just saying that cuz you're gay!", and like "The white button is so you can communicate with just your teammates", and "I need some sniper ammo up here, stat!", and I'd be like, "That's great, kid, thanks for sharing your needs, but have you considered not being such a needy little brat, and acting like a man? Huh? Have you?! YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!!", in my best Godfather voice.

The other day in my Clase de Español, this chick at my table goes to me, "Are you from Oregon?", and I'm like, "Hell, yeah! Born and raised on G-street Northeast, yo! When I was a kid you'd get bitch-slapped for even implying that I wasn't a native, but lucky for you I've calmed my inner sh-t since then. Why do you ask?" And, get this, she says to me, "You sound like you're from California. I'm from California, and you talk like we talk." So, I go, "Righteous, dude. That's hott!! What a killer thing to say! I 'preciate your sent's, but hey, check it, bra, I totally gotta jet, but I'll catch you on the flipside! I'm Audi 5000!! Ow!!". Then I hopped on my Segway Human Transporter (SHT) and got the hell outta Dodge.

Currently listening to: Failure - Fantastic Planet (album): This is actually a really great post-grunge, pre-emo album that came out in about 1996 and has about 5 REALLY good songs, and about 10 pretty decent songs. It has the loud/soft dynamics, but also some really great songwriting (Stuck on You; The Nurse who loved Me), and some really great drum sounds, like from a recording quality POV. They were from the San Fran Bay area, and the main dude went on to be in a band called "Year of the Rabbit" whom I have only heard 1 song from, but are supposed to be really great.

5 comments:

Gretaseacat said...

hey there mr. sloop? i'm not hip to this new jive, but i have found you here on the blogger site. what's crackin'?

Moz said...

That is intense, but I feel like I know the true you so much better. It's a blog off! I just had to say it, just once.

Anonymous said...

Man I know what is was like grown' up in P town hood. People hated imports. Peace...

Gretaseacat said...

i guess it's okay to act your age, right? unless you're my age - which i have decided from now on to only give in algebraic form. i think it will be less traumatic, maybe. except for i don't know how to type exponents on this keyboard... (2 x 3) + (7 x 4) - 4 that is how i will express my age henceforth. fer shur

Jay said...

What the hell is this halo 2 thing? Ever since we went out to dinner with our geek (read: engineering student) friends, this is all I hear about!

Dumb husband says: wish we had halo too.