Twitter Updates

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

There's this snake wearing a vest...

This morning, while driving to work, I saw a semi-truck that had painted on it a snake wearing a construction worker's outfit, with a jacket, a hardhat, and outstretched arms with gloves on his hands. Yes, a snake with arms. I thought this was totally idiotic, but the kicker was the slogan, "Rockmorse says No! to drugs". Seriously. Why the f should I listen to a snake named Rockmorse, with a forked tongue and gloves tell me about doing drugs? I would normally jump at the chance to listen to the wisdom of a snake in a hardhat, but come on, "Rockmorse says No! to drugs"? Why would anybody offer drugs to a snake with arms, on a jobsite, repeatedly? Regardless, it's good that he didn't just say "no" once, but he "says 'No!'" each and every time. Out of curiousity, I offered him some television, and he said "Maybe!".

The real lesson here is: a) snakes are frequently tempted by drugs, b) snakes can talk, c) snakes have arms, d) snakes work construction.

4 comments:

Jay said...

I think whoever designed him said yes. A bunch.

Caramel Monk said...

What kind of name is Rockmorse anyway?

Tessa said...

I think the pot smoking kids of america would laugh at the creativity and afterward pull out a bong!


Tess

Erik said...

Rockmorse is a sweet name...

check out the training program! the "aggregate rock" song! wow. kid''ll dig it. get it? DIG it!

err..

BYE!

(cue sound of running upstairs)