Twitter Updates

Saturday, July 02, 2005

The goal of my Spanish class

I know, I know, it’s about freakin’ time, right? Well, maybe I’m the only one wondering why I haven’t updated in over a week. The answer is simple and contains only one ñ: El clase de español. I’ve got class M-F and about 2-3 hours of homework each night. The upside is that I’m getting a B (yes, that’s good news). So, hopefully, seven weeks from now, I’ll never have to think about the preterit way of saying “stab to death with a knife” in Spanish. Seriously. There was a little comic strip depicting the events of the movie “Psycho” and our task was to describe the plot in Spanish. I think the goal is that when I finally visit Mexico I’ll be able to say, “I embezzled thousands of pesas and now I need a room to sleep in for the night and pray I don’t get stabbed to death with a knife. Do you have such a room for me?” Because that’s the basic story of everyone I know who goes to Mexico.
So there’s that and my band. We have been practicing, making posters and last night, we began recording our first full band demo songs. So far, it’s good. I recorded my parts for 4 songs last night with the help of Ben and Jonny.

1 comment:

BonikaStJames said...

Well, at least your life of crime may be easier if you can run for the border.

How do you say "stick um up" in spanish?