Currently watching "Rock Star", the American Idol meets INXS tv show on CBS. Jesus help us; what a bunch of jackinannys these singers are.
This summer has been much busier than I expected, which leaves me very little time to update ye olde blogue. Here's what's been happening:
1. My mom had thyroid cancer.
2. My mom surgery for the cancer yesterday. It was successful, and she's now recuperating.
3. My brother turned 30 yesterday.
4. My band's been recording some demos. Download and listen to them here.
5. My band's been rehearsing a bunch for our upcoming debut. That makes us debutantes, right?
6. I've been going to school and doing homework for 6 hours a day. ¡Hay carumba!
7. Those goddamned bombings in London. What can I say?
8. Frida Sorce, wife of Mike Sorce from the Don & Mike Show, died in a head-on collision last Saturday.
9. My church is having a cd release concert/service/thingy this Sunday, the cds (which I played all the drums on) will be available next week.
Whew! That's what's been on my mind: music, sickness, death, and Spanish. Not necessarily in that order.
This just in: I said to my wife, "Do you have to watch local news? It's lies." She said to me: "You're lies."