Twitter Updates

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Why is this called My Space?

Why is it that whenever I log onto my "myspace" account, I feel kind of sad and frustrated? There are several possible answers:
a) it can feel like a popularity contest
b) I've rediscovered some friends from 10+ years ago and see that they (and I) haven't really changed or succeeded like I imagined we would
c) reading about most strangers personal lives isn't nearly as interesting as it ought to be, because most myspace users are so young
d) it can be a reminder of just how illiterate so many people are
e) my dog seems to get better comments than me
f) I think that I know that comments shouldn't matter
g) I don't know proper myspace etiquette
h) who are these people I call "friends"?
i) why have we decided to call each other "friends"?
j) too much pressure to read & respond to bulletins, add crappy bands as my friend, etc.
k) I've realized that I'm not just being cynical, there really are a lot of jerks.

That's about it. Despite all this, I'll continue to visit myspace regularly; exactly why, I don't even know.

3 comments:

Gretaseacat said...

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!"

i think it's the same thing with myspace....

BethInPortland said...

I think most people that use My Space belong in an ASS PARADE.

MJAPA said...

It is that addictive cyberstalking thing. I fnd myself checking on my myspace account all of the time. I did finally break frr of my Friendster account though. it was very Sophies choice but decided I could do one or the other, not both. Myspace won because it has music and blogs.