Twitter Updates

Friday, October 07, 2005

Show Review: U2

First, they got up on there and played "All Because of You" with a pre-recorded acoustic guitar and percussion track. Then this giant fire-haired leprechaun b.s.'ed with them about "Hey, so how did you get started?". A nice little Q & A, or I think it was. If they played along with pre-recorded music, what's to stop them from lip-syncing along with pre-recorded answers for the interview, right? Are there no rules? Has the whole world gone crazy? Well, not me! I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore! Everybody, right now, get up off the couch and go to your window and yell at the top of your lungs, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Then they played "Origin of the Species", and inserted some lyrics about appearing on late night tv. They had a guy playing keyboards and a little string quartet in the back, but they didn't look mic'ed. Then Bongo got on his soapbox derby about fixing all the world's problems. Then they played "Stuck in a moment" and then for the shocker of all shockers, the most amazing miracle in the history of humankind, they played that iPod song! OMG!! LOL!! J/K!! TTYL!!

4 comments:

reese said...

honestly, i thought the best part of the show was conan interviewing the people standing in line outside :o)

BethInPortland said...

Hmm, did you mean to type "Bongo" or was that Freudian?

kazuhank said...

it's official! you're jaded.

Sloop said...

Bongo! I make no mistakes. But that's only because I don't really write these blogs, I just copy and paste all my content from other, more legitimate writers.