Twitter Updates

Monday, November 14, 2005

My favorite movies


I was going to do a list of "the best films" but if I do "my favorite", I don't have to defend their artistic qualities, and you can just trust me that these are my personal faves. This is basically my dvd collection (not arranged in order of importance):

00s:
1. Donnie Darko
2. Fellowship of the Ring
3. The Two Towers
4. Return of the King
5. Lost in Translation
6. The Royal Tenenbaums
7. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
8. High Fidelity

90s:
1. Pulp Fiction
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Edward Scissorhands
4. Goodfellas
5. Fight Club
6. Rushmore
7. Groundhog Day
8. Kicking & Screaming (not available on dvd)
9. The City of Lost Children
10. Swingers
11. What about Bob?

80s:
1. Pee Wee's Big Adventure
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark
5. Blade Runner
6. Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
7. A Christmas Story
8. This is Spinal Tap
9. Crimes & Misdemeanors
10. Radio Days

70s:
1. The Godfather
2. The Godfather, Part II
3. Annie Hall
4. Star Wars
5. Apocalypse Now
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Manhattan

60s:
1. Dr. Strangelove
2. A Hard Day's Night
3. The Graduate

50s
1. Rear Window
2. The 400 Blows
3. Singin' in the Rain
4. A Streetcar Named Desire
5. White Christmas

40s
1. Citizen Kane
2. The Big Sleep
3. Casablanca
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. The Thin Man Goes Home

30s
1. A Night at the Opera
2. Animal Crackers
3. Bringing Up Baby

So there you go. Not my most personal blog entry ever, but I wanted to do this. I'm taking a "Hollywood of the 70s" class right now and I wondered how my tastes look, when arranged by decade. There's probably more that I can't think of right now, any suggestions? And be prepared for me to criticize your suggestions.

No comments: