Twitter Updates

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Three cheers for daylight savings!

So I really can't put my finger on it, exactly but here goes. Do you ever feel unappreciated? Not just unappreciated, but taken for granted? Misunderstood? Do you ever feel like no matter what you do or say or work for to try to change, everything is basically meaningless? And no amount of coffee or candy or beer or days off or movies or music is helping? Have you ever had one of those days where everything works out how you wanted and you still feel dissatisfied? Or one of times where nothing you had planned works out the way you wanted, but then something happens to change everything and the world is ok and you feel good again? I've been feeling like that, but I'm still waiting for something to happen to make everything feel good. I wouldn't say that I'm depressed; maybe just a little afflicted by SAD.

(ten minutes of internet research)

Hey, hot damn. I was just guessing, but after looking at those symptoms, it seems pretty spot on:
1. Usually desire to oversleep and difficulty staying awake but, in some cases, disturbed sleep and early morning wakening
2. Feeling of fatigue and inability to carry out normal routine
3. Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, usually resulting in weight gain
4. Feelings of misery, guilt and loss of self-esteem, sometimes hopelessness and despair, sometimes apathy and loss of feelings
5. Tension and inability to tolerate stress
6. Irritability and desire to avoid social contact

Well, I guess I'm SAD. Looks like I'm due for some "light" therapy, or else Lustral, Seroxat and Prozac, or maybe just some intensive psychotherapy. Hurray! Winter is here.

Update! Also, my knee kind of hurts.

3 comments:

Sabbath said...

I think I'm SAD, too. I have those same symtons.

1. Everyday after school I sleep for about 5 hours and then I got back to sleep around 10 and wake up during the hours of 2 and 5 and wake for morning.
2.I'm always fatigued
3. I eat loads of carbs and sweets...good thing i'm a master purger :)
4.I've never had self-esteem, mom made sure of it.
5. When I'm stressed, now-a-days i just tyr to overdose on diet pills (stacker 2 is my durg of choice)
6.Of courseI'm bitchey and have never been a real people person.

BethInPortland said...

I wasn't depressed until I read this....

BonikaStJames said...

When it starts raining I like to pop in some depechemode and read thought provoking books and just ride that melancholy slide down as far as it goes. The problem is that I get down there and wonder what's going on with the normal happy people back at the to. So I have to climb up the smooth plastic surface of my emotions by listening to happy music and reminding myself that no one likes me when I'm grumpy. It usually works and I'm happy again for a while. It's just so much fun on the way down.