Twitter Updates

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Fending for Myself

To celebrate my 28th birthday, my wife drove up to Seattle for 24 hours. Actually, she went up there for a work thing; maybe she'll blog about it herself. So, what do I do when my wife is out of town? I fend for myself, very very poorly.

Before she left:













Ten Minutes later:









For dinner last night I had a cheese quesadilla and some mint chocolate chip ice cream, then I tried to eat some of the awesome red chili peppers that Moz bought, but they were kind of waxy and started electrically shocking my teeth, and then I realized they were plugged in and were actually the new Christmas lights that she bought for the kitchen.

Then I played about 2 hours of video games with my awesome bandmates, as part of our "friendship bonds = musical bonds" theory, and eventually turns into a lot of swearing at each other and calling each other all sorts of names. It's actually a lot more fun to get run over by a purple alien driving a jeep than you might expect.

Then I stayed up late; finding and downloading some songs by my favorite women singers: Joni Mitchell & PJ Harvey. They are incredibly talented women with unique voices that I think express a lot of personal insight that resonate on a larger level because of the microcosmic truth in them. Just because I get weepy when I'm all alone at midnight, falling asleep while listening to "A Case of You" or "Both Sides Now", does that make me any less of a man?

Naturally, Lola slept on the bed next to me the whole night, and groaned loudly when my alarm finally got me out of bed after an hour of ROCK!/snooze/ROCK!/snooze, etc.

So I ran downstairs, gave the last few bits of dog food to Lola and Yoshi, and then out the door, only to find frozen raindrops on my car windows. Then I went to the coffee megalopolis and got my fix, then finally got to the office, just 1 minute late, but still before the bosses.

Can't wait til Mo gets back.

3 comments:

Flyingwaitress said...

Happy Birthday!

BethInPortland said...

Hmmm, maybe turning 28 doesn't prove your an adult...yet.

MJAPA said...

Happy Belated Birthday!