Twitter Updates

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sick Blogging

So we did that video shoot for the band all day on Saturday. It was good to help out Erik but I'm sure I could have done more. Anyway, it was fun to be with friends and I got home about midnightish and was exhausted and had a good beer. And I woke up on Sunday with a horrible sore throat. It got worse throughout the day and progressed into a full-blown congested-achy-can't-think-straight-hurts-to-talk-everybody-leave-me-alone cold. Sunday I could only sleep in 2 or 3 hour spurts, then wake up for a few more hours, then sleep again. Mo got mad at me when we were sleeping because of my horrible sick breath. I called in sick to work on Monday and emailed my homework to my theater teacher.

So I dosed up on Dayquil and Ricola and I'm back at work then school today. I don't really feel much better, but there's work to do (and I need the money) and I've got to hand in my summaries of The Stranger by Albert Camus. I had to write a 1 page summary, a 1 paragraph summary, and a 1 sentence summary of this book which is very hard to do. It's a really terrific book that I suggest you read. It's very specific in what it says and doesn't say; that is to say, it's all about subtext. Maybe not all about subtext, but you know what I'm saying.

My one sentence summary is: The Stranger is the existential story of a man who finds himself in the strange circumstance of having killed an Arab on the beach.

Got a better idea?

3 comments:

BonikaStJames said...

Sorry you are sick! That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

The Stranger is the guy who tells me stories of killing a crab on a bench.

Erik said...

One page summary, One paragraph summary, and a One sentence summary? lemme guess you have PSU's Dr. Michael Clarke for an instructor. He taught at AIPD "for fun" while on sabbtical last year. He had me do that for "Dr. Strangelove", Or maybe you don't have him, since he wanted to finish writing a book at a small chateau outside paris.

btw, the word verification was "ooppl" which is how i'm feeling now. too much beer.

Sloop said...

Yup, it's Clark. He's a very smart man and a great teacher.