Twitter Updates

Friday, March 17, 2006

God?


Current mood: annoyed

I got this myspace bulletin:

Body: I would like to know who really believes in God on myspace. There is no bribe of a miracle or anything like that. If you truly believe in God, then repost this and title the bulletin as "God". If you don't believe in God, then just ignore this...thanks. In the book of Matthew, Jesus says..."If you deny me before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven."

Obviously, it's crap:

A) Anybody can quote the Bible out of context to back up any kind of ridiculous claims they want to. Just look at televangelists & snake handlers.

B) If God has any sense of modesty, he'll know better than to look at myspace.

C) And really, who cares who believes in God? What's the difference? Everybody believes in different crap, so who cares who believes in what? To quote The Stranger: "But all the long speeches, all the interminable days and hours that people had spent talking about my soul, had left me with the impression of a colorless swirling river that was making me dizzy." and "people never change their lives, that in any case one life was as good as another and that I wasn't dissatisfied with mine here at all."

So take that, obnoxious, idiotic myspace bulletin.

Although, it does say in the Bible, "Behold, I have given unto thee the internet that ye shouldst proselytize and make yon holy words therein for the purpose of bestowing unneeded guilt upon mine sheep. Go now and babble like idiots and besmirch mine sacred holiness." And that's a fact!

1 comment:

BonikaStJames said...

OMG. " If God has any sense of modesty, he'll know better than to look at myspace." - Hilarious. Major ditto's Rush... I mean Peter.

I hate the reposting or forwarding guilt trips. I remember the first time I got one of these admonishing e-mails and I was conflicted for about 5 seconds and then I was like "Wait, this is crap".

You left out the next verse in the bible that says we need to make inflammatory statements on bumper stickers. I was behind this guy the other day: www.archie777.com - he had some doozys. Check out what he has to say about Women and Mars for some good highlights.