Twitter Updates

Friday, May 19, 2006

This is the business we chose.




my office smells like pee, again
as usual
and cigarettes

Also, on Monday night, it was hot and sticky and I couldn't sleep but when I did, I dreamt of Beethoven working on Pet Sounds with Brian Wilson, and editing the reels of tape down to the classic sound that we're all now so familiar with. It was great and I was able to listen to the album in my sleep, as it's ingrained in my subconscious. So when I was online on Tuesday, you'll never guess what I read on a music site that I visited. So I'll tell you: "40 years ago today, The Beach Boys released Pet Sounds". Isn't that incredible? Did I already know that, in the depths of my mind, or what? It's a great album and if you haven't heard it, you are missing out on one of the best things since the invention of sound.

If you have heard it and don't love it, then all I can say is, "Now you listen to me, you smooth talking son-of-a-bitch. Let me lay it on the line for you and your boss, whoever he is. What do you think is going on here? You think you can come to my hotel and take over? Sonofabitch! Do you know who I am? What's the matter with you? Is this how you turned out? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? I don't apologize - to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool. I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart! There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

1 comment:

ocg said...

I heard that Pet Sounds is one of the greatest albums of all times... I must get it, I haven't heard the entire thing.

I think you have ESP or something...

;-)