Twitter Updates

Friday, July 21, 2006

Awright, awright awright. 'Ere's da fing


There are some really, really, really, quite blog-worthy things afoot at la casa de Sloop but I'm not super "at liberty" to talk about them in such a public forum. That is to say, maybe I am at liberty, and I'm just feeling secretive. Anyway, after the figurative smoke clears, I'll have about a billion tons of blog fodder, but just not quite yet.

In other news, my little brother just turned 31. He's actually two and a half years older than me, but since I was about 13 or 14 I started to outgrow him. So he's my older brother, but my little brother. Seriously. I could drive him straight into the ground like a hammer drives a nail, if I just walloped his head with my fist. Me strong.

For my brother's birthday, I wrote and recorded an epic metal song that was about some vikings and dragons and some lusty elf-maidens who needed rescuing. It was very emotional, but also functioned as a metaphor for the full arc of our brotherly relationship from childhood until now. Especially that part in the song where the lyrics are like:
"And ye smote yon evil-doers with the hammer of...(guitars: DUN DUN NU DUN NU NU DUN) with the hammer of... (DUN DUN NU DUN NU NU DUN) with the hammer of JUUUUUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIIICE-AH!!!!!"

And when I played this song for J-Man, I'm pretty sure he got a tear in his eye, but it could be that the tear was from me landing on his foot, following my guitar weilding aerial acrobatics. In any case, it rocked thoroughly and re-established the fact that no-one, Visigoth or no, shall commit injustice against the Swenson brothers. NO ONE.

3 comments:

BethInPortland said...

Nothing says love like vikings and heavy metal. I'm mention that to Jonny for our anniversary coming up. I'm sure he'd like to go Viking on my ass.

kazuhank said...

would going viking on one's ass mean pillaging for booty?

BonikaStJames said...

Good ol' Justice Jamin.

I never new about the Swenson/Viking connection but now I do... and I actually think I'm better for it. I've often wondered who I could call on if I needed a lusty elf-maiden rescued.

http://www.abacuscreativemanagement.com/artists/trussell/videos/video3.htm