Twitter Updates

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Devil's Day! One month later


So today is 7/6/06, one month after the day when Satan was rumoured to return to earth. I heard a psychic on the radio who was sure that Satan would come to earth in a flying saucer, and he would be a snake wearing a white 3 piece suit. And, in retrospect, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened, right?

The band's tour is over and life is sort of returning to normal. The Sopranos second season provided much distraction on the 15 hour drive from Des Moines to SLC. The night we got back, I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up, I couldn't remember where I was: either Delaware or Nebraska. Obviously I was wrong, because I was in beautiful Kent, Ohio, home of mediocre burritos and the worst bathroom I've ever smelled in my life. No wait that's not true either; I was in my own living room, after 18 nights of sleeping a different city every night.

My dogs were funny when I returned - Yoshi was over the top with enthusiasm and wouldn't stop licking my arms; Lola pretended to ignore me for about an hour or two while she chewed on a bone, then she wouldn't leave me alone. For the next day or so, he would bark with jealousy whenever I would scratch Yoshi too much, or hug Marisa too much. It was really hilarious.

Portland treated me well, as usual. Superman greeted me with open arms at the multiplex and his brooding good looks and good nature won me over. I like that guy.

That's it for now.

No comments: