Twitter Updates

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Birthday Post


So, it's official: I am now 29 years old. And my son, first name Simon, middle name Oliver(?) is about 6 months old, in the womb. Is it weird that I'm way more excited about his age than my own?

I spent the last 1.5 days in Seattle with Mo, staying at the Sheraton in downtown. It's a hotel that's definitely out of my league. I'm totally uncomfortable with valets and tipping and bellhops and all that stuff. Give me a Super 8, a Motel 6, a Unicorn Inn (oh, wait, don't give me that).

Anyway, I don't see the logic of slyly giving a guy several dollars for simply driving my car (technically, my parents' borrowed Element) 100 feet. Or giving several dollars for retrieving my 2 small bags from a large walk-in closet, when I could have easily done these things myself. Whatever. I have been told by people more cultured than I that a tip was in order for these things, so tip I did.

I spent most of the day in Seattle in a couple different cafes, lunch with Mo, and a few hours spent in the theater watching Blood Diamond.

The drive home from 8-11pm was probably the most terrifying three hours of my life, due to the torrential downpour which was in full effect for the entire drive home. My grip on the steering wheel was tight; you could have stuck some coal in there & gotten a blood diamond of your own, I swear. Every moment of hydroplaning was like shaking hands with Death himself, but every time, he released us from his grip. It was really, truly adrenaline city for most of the drive. I just had to make a quick Kahlua & Creme when I got home, with crushed ice courtesy of my newly functional (I fixed it myself!) ice maker/water dispenser in my fridge.

And finally, here is my article detailing my ten favorite albums of 2006.

2 comments:

MJAPA said...

Happiest Birthdays to you! And once again, congrats on the bean! How exciting!

Erik said...

uhm, what is up ith the "dark side of the diamond"? welcome to the "my-wife-needs-to-go-outtatown-for-company-biz-and-i-tag-along-and-hang-out-at-posh-hotels" club. that's how i spent three days in salt lake city.