Twitter Updates

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Father of the Year / Jerk of the Week


I normally reserve my unrepentant cruelty for people I know, but this jackassery cannot stand. The culprit? An idiotic father who got his 10 month old baby a gun permit. He just made my jerk list. Jerk!

Some would say that having a gun in the house is a good way to keep your family safe. I would say that having a gun in the house is a good way to put your family at risk for accidents.

Fun facts:

1. As of 1997 handguns have been almost completely banned for private ownership in England.

2. In 2005/06 in England, only 6.6% of reported homicides were committed with firearms, one being with an air weapon.

3. By comparison, in the United States in 2000, 70% of the homicides involved the use of firearms.

4. People can come up with statistics to prove anything. 40% of all people know that.

5. Think about it.


More reading, with tons of links.

1 comment:

Rusty said...

I really, really agree with fact #4, although 75% of people who agree with a blog post are wrong.