Twitter Updates

Thursday, July 19, 2007

July update


Jeepers, I can't believe it's been so long since my last update. Let's see what's new...

I've recently rekindled my fondness for the comic art of Berkeley Breathed, the genius behind Bloom County, Outland, and Opus comics. He also does some pretty great kid's books. And his latest weekly comic, Opus, can be found in giant, glorious color here.

What else is new? Lavalier and I have been watching the James Bond films, in chronological order, averaging about 3 movies a week. Last night's film was "The Spy Who Loved Me," which featured not only "the sexiest song ever written" but also had some wonderful production design from Ken Adam. Next up is "Moonraker" and boy am I psyched! It's the only Bond film I've never seen! It's supposed to be craptacular!

Also in the news, I'm supposed to be getting a new vehicle tonight. Specifically, my dad's dad's truck. Hopefully that'll work out, and the Sloop/Emtotheizo vehicular drought of '07 (which coincided with Simon's birth - coincidence? - I think not!) will hopefully be over. I've never been a huge fan of trucks, as an auto type, but I ain't picky. I have to start using words like "ain't" and "yee-haw" now that I'll be driving a truck, right?

Furthermore, my band has been getting metric tonnes of press lately. Like the Portland Mercury, Gen Art Pulse, KPSU (live on-air performance & interview)- get the mp3), and the Willamette Week. Woot and phew, that's a lot.

So, please come to the cd release show at the Doug Fir tomorrow; sorry, but the guest list is full. But I will be looking out... for YOU!

1 comment:

BonikaStJames said...

You and Erik both say that song is uber sexy... I never thought about it till now... It's cool I guess.

P.S. Way to go on the being awesome with the music and stuff!