Twitter Updates

Friday, August 03, 2007

August, die she must

August, die she must
The autumn winds blow chilly and cold


And so ends my obligatory Simon & Garfunkel reference. Those guys are the best. Anyway, here I am, 8 days left of classroom attendance, one final nearly written, two being assembled in my head.

Speaking of my head,
Q: "How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
A: "One to hold the iguana and three to wrestle the wolverine into the bathtub."

That's a joke I chose to write about for my grammar class. Isn't that brilliant?! Writing about jokes and getting college credit for it. For further online English classes, see also: my James Bond class.

In other news, Simon is learning to eat from a spoon:


I love how Simon's hands are saying, "Sha-Zam!"

In other news, the cover band played our first gig, for Moz's sisters wedding reception. We looked awesome and didn't play horribly:



So, lately I've been reading for anywhere from 2 to 6 hours a day, trying to keep up with my "Contemporary Oregon Writers" class at PSU. It's a good class; the teacher is a brilliant Brit who knows more about the history of the Pacific Northwest than anyone I know. And he lives thousands of miles away! Anyway, that class covers a new novel every 2 days, so a lot of reading is required. But I make up for it by watching 3 James Bond movies a week, so don't worry, I'm not getting too book-smart.

And finally, a quick and sincere RIP to the churchy community formerly known as the Helix. Ye shall be missed, but all things must pass.

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Spoon's too big.

By the way, you guys were freakin' sweet at the wedding. As I mentioned, the inclusion of Siouxsie and the Banshees' "Kiss Them For Me" was exceptional. The drumming, in particular, was excellent...