Twitter Updates

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween, or Weird, Wild World(s?)


Well, let me put it this way: lately I've been increasingly interested in paranormal activities. Just your basic real life X-files type of stuff, like UFOS, Area 51, bigfoot, conspiracy theories, ghosts, and the like. My interest in this stuff comes from probably a few sources: A) My dad had several books (like "The Book of the Damned" about unexplained mysteries that I read a lot when I was a kid. I remember being fascinated by "The Devil's Footprints." B) My interest in sci-fi movies. Wouldn't it be cool/weird if real life was more like a sci-fi movie? C) My personal weird experiences (with various things) that can't be easily explained.

So, I've been bored at work and stumbled upon lots of weird websites, like Cryptomundo, Forgetomori, and Mysterious Universe. Mysterious Universe also produces a really terrific podcast, hosted by an Australian gent who seems to be pretty smart and grounded, and more skeptical than you might expect from this type of show.

One of my weird experiences: shortly my wife & I bought our house, we'd been living there for about a few weeks. There was an empty lot on the south side of our house. Mo & I were sitting in the living room, just hanging out, and we heard something banging loudly against the side of our house, like going from the west end to the east end, pounding hard against the house. My first thought was "great, bad neighborhood kids harassing the new people." But this noise was so loud and shook the house, it was more like a car drove into the side of the house. It was pretty terrifying. I looked out the window and didn't see anyone, so I ran outside to try to see what was around. As you might have guessed, there was no one around. I checked all around the house and found no one and nothing that could have made such a huge noise. In the following months, the same thing happened a few more times. Loud banging, like our house was being pounded by a bunch of angry fists, and always, I could find no-one around to blame.

My first assumption, of course, is that our house was being harassed by the ghost of Bigfoot, who was placed there by aliens, with the cooperation of the men in black. Wait, that's not true. But the experience was real, and unexplainable by Mo & I.

I know it's terribly boring to hear about someone else's dreams, so if you don't want to be bored, don't read the next paragraph.

Another weird thing: last week, after spending several days of looking at "evidence" of UFOs and aliens on earth, I had something of a lucid dream/sleep paralysis. I dreamt that men in black came to my bedroom, as I slept, to try to get me to quit uncovering the truth about them. One of them then placed his hand over my mouth, so I couldn't breath. Here's where it got lucid. I knew that I was in my bed, next to Mo, and either A)if this was real, then she should wake up to get this hand off my mouth or B) if this was a dream, then it was terrifying and i needed her to wake me up. So I started saying her name, but it was hard to, since this man in black had his hand over my mouth (or so I thought). Eventually, my calling her name woke her up, so then she woke me up by shaking me, and I was freaked out. I had to go check on the baby, to make sure the men in black hadn't gotten him, then I went back to bed, but couldn't sleep, since I had so much adrenaline from the night terror.

Have you had a weird encounter you'd like to share in the comments? Please do.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

teresa the writer formally known as flyingwaitress said...

my story: I was sitting with my roommates in the living room, when I heard a loud banging noise and the house shaking....oh wait, that's your story..but I WAS THERE TOO! IT WAS SO SCARY...I concur!