Twitter Updates

Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: The Year in Review



First off, this was a top contender for Best Christmas Ever. Not that it wasn't stressful and busy, but seriously, what could make a better Christmas than Simon riding a li'l firetruck, with his favorite monkey riding shotgun? Not much, that's what. Thanks again to Teresa and Jacquie.

As far as the rest of the year, lessee... Pregnancy. Showers. Birth. Photos. Album. Baby. School. Shows. Graduation. Family. Parties. Work. Church. Office. Family. Work. Holidays. Turned 30. Family.

That pretty much sums up what happened. As far as the goodness and badness of these things: well, family is good.

Pregnancy and birth are ok, but living with Simon and watching him grow up is a lot of fun. I never imagined that a baby would make me so happy.

Graduation is good to have under my belt, now if only I could do something with that degree.

Shows have actually started paying a little bit, so that's nice.

Parties are fun, but I'm certainly ready for some down time.

Work is a necessary evil; there's no other way to put it. I've been at my job for (the majority of) 7 and 1/2 years. That sucks. It pays the bills, but it's a real drag.

Being at a new church is a refreshing change. I'm glad to be playing with some different musicians at a church with take a different approach to music in the church.

I turned 30 a few weeks ago and have to admit that I look forward to what the future holds. Not that my life has been bad or anything, but I'm pretty sure this is my only time around, so I'm ready to do something different and try some new things. Exactly what that entails, I'm not sure. I've been reading some of those "100 things to do before you die" lists, and really want to try some of them. So here's to doing some new things in 2008.

No comments: