Twitter Updates

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V.D. Day


Here's an original poem you can feel free to use, instead of that mass-marketed Hallmark crap:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
What I like about you most is
You don't smell like poo
Very often


I think Kazugoogoo will agree with me when I say "Thank god that cop last night didn't ticket me". But the surprisingly not-rude cop did alert me to some tail-light problems on ye olde horseless carriage.

And now, today's vitriol: I wish I had a bouquet of dead roses to send across the street to the numbskulls at Jiffy Lube, who, after spending nearly an hour tinkering on my car, managed to leave my occasionally working tail-lights in worse condition than before they got their barely functional brains to working on them. Seriously, the guy asked if my name was spelled "P-E-T-T-E-R". My second clue, alerting me of their incompetence was the big sign on the door of their lobby which read "Help wanted. No auto experience required."

1 comment:

Tim said...

Jiffy Lube blows. I shall never hire their services again.

Support your local independent auto repair shop. They may charge a little more, but oil changes are their bread and butter.

If you don't have a good local guy, I recommend the Sports Car Center on 77th and Sandy. My dad has used them for decades now. I think his patronage has paid for one of the owner's boats.